The office of the City Secretary is responsible for compiling and maintaining the legal records of the actions of the City. The City Secretary:
- Serves as the clerk of the City Council and Water department
- Prepares the City Council agenda and maintains the permanent records of all City Council meetings
- Attends all meetings and prepares official minutes of their meetings
- Publishes official notices of City Council action
- Manages and conducts all City elections, including City Council elections
- Maintains ordinance and resolution records
The City Secretary also over sees the Human Resources department and assists the City Manager as needed.