The Public Works Director is the administrative head of which is responsible for the efficient operation of the Water department, Sewer, Shop and Sanitation Department, Utility Customer Service, Street / Traffic Maintenance, Solid Waste / Wastewater Services, and Parks department.
Public Works Divisions
The Public Works Department consists of the following divisions:
- Landfill – Responsible for disposal of refuse in a safe environment
- Sanitation – Responsible for daily collection of refuse
- Sewer – Responsible for sewer line maintenance, stops and repairs
- Streets – Responsible for street repair and alley maintenance
- Wastewater Treatment Plant – Responsible for proper treatment of all wastewater received
- Water Lines – Responsible for providing safe potable water for all residents of the city
- Cemetery – Responsible for maintenance of cemetery grounds
- City Park – Responsible for park maintenance, such as mowing, watering, emptying garbage cans
After Hours Emergencies
If you have an after-hours emergency relating to a water leak or sewer stop, please call the Garza County Sheriff’s office at 806-495-3595. They will contact a city employee on call.