The Post Code Compliance department is responsible for addressing nuisance and property standard violations to provide a safe and healthy environment for the community. The primary goal of this enforcement is to resolve violations that affect the quality of life and to sustain property values.
View ordinances that have been approved by the Post city council.
Common Codes & Ordinances
- House and Business numbers, no less than 4 inches in height, are required to be placed on their building, in a conspicuous place so that the numbers are visible from the street. Numbers shall be of a durable material that will not tarnish or corrode and be of a color contrasting to its background. Section 1.12.041
- Tenants and/or property owners are responsible for maintaining the area from the curb in front of the house to the center line of the alley free of litter, weeds and grass. Section 8.01.001
- Each sanitation customer is responsible for maintaining the area around the dumpster provided by the city and should be free of any rubbish or bulky material. Section 13.03.12
- Motor vehicles that are inoperative and partially dismantled or have expired license tags or stickers are considered “junk vehicles.” These vehicles may be ticketed or towed and crushed. Section 8.03.031
- Any item not customarily used or stored outside or is not made of material that is resistant to damage from exposure to the weather cannot be placed outside for storage. Exceptions are lawn furniture and landscaping items. Section 6.03.002
- Property owners and tenants are responsible for keeping lawns mowed. Weeds or grass over 12 inches in height may result in a citation and/or bill for mowing services if the City cuts the weeds. Section 6.03.002
- Building permits(PDF) are required for all new construction. Section 14.02.214
Recently Passed Ordinances
Ordinances listed here have been passed by the Post City Council, but are not yet in FranklinLegal Publishing.
Code Compliance Issues
We encourage you to contact Code Compliance if you have a concern in your neighborhood, such as tall grass, weeds or junk vehicles. You can submit your concern by:
- Calling 806-495-2811 ext. 105
- Emailing the Code Compliance department
- Mailing to:
City of Post
c/o Code Compliance Department
105 East Main Street
Post, Texas 79356